ASSESSMENT TITLE: Undertake project management to support technological practice NZ CURRICULUM AREA: Technology ASSESSMENT ACHIEVEMENT STANDARD:AS91609 CREDITS: 4 ASSESSMENT BRIEF: Create a plan to project manage your project. DESCRIPTION: Use a range of project management practices to investigate how project management is used to manage your project.
Learners determine their own project ideas that develop solutions to needs + opportunities by visualizing their ideas use a wide variety of drawings, 2D, 3D + coding digital technologies informed by ‘intervention by design’ creative thinking. To demonstrate their final project idea, learners will document how they used planning tools to project manage their project.
Throughout their project, 'learners will develop broad technological knowledge that will equip them to participate in society as informed citizens & provide a platform for future digital technology related education and careers'NZC
3. Existing practices in project management may include those used by past students, managers, industry mentors and practising technologists. 4. Project management ensures that all aspects of development are coordinated to effectively manage resources within the physical and social environment where the outcome is to be developed. 5. Resources may include: time, materials, tools and equipment, research information, stakeholders and specialist knowledge and skills residing in community and school experts. 6. Technological practice is undertaken to develop an outcome. An outcome for the purpose of this standard is a conceptual design for an outcome and/or a technological outcome itself (prototype).
Undertake project management to support technological practice involves:
1. establishing a project schedule reflective of the physical and social environment where the outcome is to be developed and implemented, informed by existing practices in project management
2. Iplementing the project schedule to coordinate goals, planning tools, resources, and progress review points in a coherent manner to ensure completion of an outcome.
Undertake EFFECTIVE project management to support technological practice. The key word is effective. This means you...
3. demonstrating project scheduling informed by a critical analysis of existing practices in project management
4. reviewing progress at critical review points to revise and/or confirm project scheduling to ensure completion of an outcome.
Undertake EFFICIENT project management to support technological practice. The key word here is efficient. This means you...
5. optimising time and material use to ensure completion of an outcome, through ongoing reflection of the practice undertaken, and revision of project scheduling.