Please read all the AC Digital Technology, Cybersafety & AOF Rules. Click the link at the bottom of the page to confirm you agree to comply with them
1. Learners who use the Alfriston College computers and the Internet at school accept that they agree with the following AC Digital Technology, Cybersafety & AOF Rules.
2. Alfriston College views misuse of computers and the Internet with seriousness and reserves the right to review and suspend Learners accounts at any time.
3. Learners will use their AC email and Google account for education purposes only. Sharing passwords and accounts or sending emails and instant 'chat' messages that contain swearing, sexual harassment, bullying or other inappropriate content is not permitted. Learners who break this rule may have their account suspended at any time. Refer point #2.
4. Learners will not use proxy websites, Facebook or other non approved websites.
5. Learners will not use the Internet to view, download, distribute or copy pornography, illegal, objectionable or copyright content.
6. Learners will not create computer viruses, be involved with other forms of electronic vandalism, use unapproved software or intentionally disrupt any computer or the AC computer network.
7. Learners will not reveal home addresses, phone numbers, images, school information or other personal information of themselves or anyone else on the Internet.
8. Learners will not plagiarise information by copying text and images from websites or other Learners work without referencing the original source of the information.
9. Learners will not damage computer equipment or furniture and will use all resources with due care.
10. Learners will not eat or drink or chew gum in the computer rooms.
11. Learners will immediately report any cybersafety issues or violations of these rules to the AC Digital Learning Leaders or Assistant principles.
12. Learners accept that breaching these cybersafety rules will result in access to the computers and internet resources at Alfriston College being withdrawn. It will result in contact of parents/guardians and disciplinary action. NOTES TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS:
As the parent or guardian of an AC Learner, please read these cybersafety rules with them to ensure he/she understands his/her obligations. The computer resources at Alfriston College are designed for educational purposes and that any breach of the rules can lead to loss of privileges or disciplinary action. If your child steals or damages equipment this could result in a bill for the cost of replacement parts or repairs. This agreement also applies to communication technologies your child or other Learners brings into the school environment.
Alfriston College takes all appropriate measures to minimise the risk of exposure to illegal, dangerous or inappropriate material in cyberspace, accessed through such means as the Internet, email or text messaging. The school emphasizes that ultimately it is each Learners responsibility not to initiate access or have any involvement with such material.